CDK Global Hacked

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
CDK Global, a company that provides auto dealerships across the U.S. with software for managing sales, was hacked, prompting the company to temporarily shut down most of its systems and effectively preventing about 15,000 car dealerships from making sales.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Behold, brave new world!

Someday, the Reverse Big Bang will occur, when the whole internet gets hacked and mankind will be unable to do anything.

Perhaps it will be the Russians, Chinese, Koreans, or other state-sponsored group.

Or, some private "supergroup": corporate; financial (crypto); religious; political; or just some plain nut case.

Aided by AI?

Or possibly by AI itself? (This is the scary one.)

Or maybe it will just be the Almighty Himself saying "Enough! Bring me Taylor and Travis and a rowboat and we'll start all over".

But I digress. Didn't really want to buy a car today anyway.

Remember to always have a full tank; keep the ammo dry; and ask "Gold Bar Bob" (a Jersey joke) to send you a few ingots!

Reactions: 2112 and spyder625

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Behold, brave new world!

Someday, the Reverse Big Bang will occur, when the whole internet gets hacked and mankind will be unable to do anything.

Perhaps it will be the Russians, Chinese, Koreans, or other state-sponsored group.

Or, some private "supergroup": corporate; financial (crypto); religious; political; or just some plain nut case.

Aided by AI?

Or possibly by AI itself? (This is the scary one.)

Or maybe it will just be the Almighty Himself saying "Enough! Bring me Taylor and Travis and a rowboat and we'll start all over".

But I digress. Didn't really want to buy a car today anyway.

Remember to always have a full tank; keep the ammo dry; and ask "Gold Bar Bob" (a Jersey joke) to send you a few ingots!
now that was a good one with the "Gold Bar Bob" lmao

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If China tries to take Taiwan, I fully expect our infrastructure to immediately be under attack.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Not likely. China has to be equally concerned about what we might do to theirs. Mutually assured deterrence (MAD) for the 21st Century.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I hope you're right. I can't go one minute without Facebook and Tik Tock.

Reactions: KJD
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I've never been on Tik Tok and almost never on Face Book. Maybe I'll survive :LOL:.

QSS

Last edited: