Brake master cylinder 2005 GT

Rick

Apr 23, 2009
There are probably hundreds of you that found yourself in the same dilemma as me. Brake MC gave up ( mine started leaking) and no remans or new units available. I am going to be your favorite GT owner. The 2004 F-150 is a great match. I bought Brakebest 10-3033 from O'Reilly as a reman.
I took the guts out of my old cylinder and put the guts from the F 150 in, bled the brakes, and Whammo back in business. You can do this for less than $100 round trip. There you go!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No problems GT Forum members, all it takes is a Texas Doctor who races and workers on his own cars to come up with the fix for all! Great Guy and a true Car Guy who loves his 2005 Ford GT I sold him many years ago! He told me “I think I can change the guts out and fix within an hour” ! Enjoy the post, he needs to become more active and I think he will! Direct from Texas my friends! 😳😵‍💫👍

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 15

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!
Mark

Reactions: THamonGT

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
There are probably hundreds of you that found yourself in the same dilemma as me. Brake MC gave up ( mine started leaking) and no remans or new units available. I am going to be your favorite GT owner. The 2004 F-150 is a great match. I bought Brakebest 10-3033 from O'Reilly as a reman.
I took the guts out of my old cylinder and put the guts from the F 150 in, bled the brakes, and Whammo back in business. You can do this for less than $100 round trip. There you go!
Thanks for sharing with all of us. Great to know. I have added it to my cross-over parts list.

Reactions: PeteK and THamonGT