2025 Corvette ZR1 = 1064 Horsepower

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
This is a game changer 🏁 Waiting to see the top speed of this monster and how much this bad boy is gonna cost. More than likely I will have to buy one used. If I buy this I doubt I will ever buy a Ferrari or Lambo. Getting parts is critical...

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Too bad it is so damn ugly.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I won't be trading my Ford GT for one that is for sure. The prices on these will drop just like all the others.

Reactions: THamonGT

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
Too bad it is so damn ugly.
you KNOW it! Way too much jewelry

Reactions: Fast Freddy

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Top speed is gonna be aero challenged with all that downforce and drag but should run high 9's in the 1/4 @ 148 mph. To much weight. Needs to go on a diet. I will mod it and race it though.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Clearly this car is made for tracks like the Nurburgring. That said a 205 mph top speed is pathetic with 1064 horsepower at the crank. The CD on this car and more than likely the gearing are really holding it back. Even taking the wing off would probably only yield another 15 mph. Back when I only had 731 rwhp in my 2006 Ford GT i Hit 225 mph on GPS 💎

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
215 mph top speed and 150 mph in the 1/4 mile according to this video. This just killed my desire to ever own a Ferrari or Lambo (thanks GM you just saved me alot of money). In the bottom video i posted here the driver said he did 215 without the passenger. Not sure if that was with the wing or without it? Mods such as bigger turbos and a tune for E85 should be good for at least 235 mph 🔥

Last edited:

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Impressive engine, no doubt about it. Sets new standards. No electric assist involved! Kudos to those Corvette Group engineers.

Too bad it's in a fugly car. Looks like a McLaren and a Lambo had a baby, and the child got the worst features of each parent.

I'd take a street version, in black to hide all the "angry bug" angles, and without the wing.

Any guesses as how much early-buyers are going to pay over MSRP. 200%...?

Reactions: Fast Freddy and KJD

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I want that cobalt blue color. I would not pay more than $200,000 out the door with tax for a new one though. That being the case I will probably have to wait a couple of years and buy one used from a private party and avoid the tax. I hate the way the C7 looks but I do love the C6 ZR1. I wish I had both. I am gonna buy a corvette next year for sure though. It all depends on how high the price of bitcoin goes next year. Either I pay $100,000 for a one owner low mile C6 ZR1 or i pay $200,000 for a C8 ZR1. This C8 ZR1 is gonna drive down the prices for C6 and C7 corvettes. In 2021 I paid $108,000 out the door with tax for a brand new 2021 DODGE RAM TRX with my profits from day trading crypto stocks. No debt, loans or credit cards here. Not even a home mortgage. Paid cash for my 2006 Ford GT.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
It seems surprising that 1,064 HP gets ~215 mph while our measily lil ol' 550 HP gets 211-ish(?) I suppose the ZR-1 is too tall, maybe too heavy, and that big ass wing ... ?

I'm wondering if ugly can slow a car down.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
The Ford GT is the ultimate top speed weapon. When driving at speeds above 200 mph aerodynamics become more important than horsepower. The C8 ZR1 will do well in the 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile with the wing on. For 1 mile and longer runway races that wing will have to be taken off. If the 215 mph speed was achieved with the wing on then it should do 230 mph with it off. The C8 ZR1 comes with 76 mm turbos and 24 pounds of boost. Bigger cams and 30 pounds of boost with no cats or mufflers and a tune for E85 would be the mods I would want. Not sure what % the drivetrain loss is but if you can dyno 1100 to the rear wheels with the mods i want it should do 240 mph depending on the gearing 🏁

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Love the “street” version, flat crank turbo engine is an engineering marvel (boost retained with waste gates closed even when off throttle), 37 lbs of thrust from the exhaust (you’re going to see flames coming out of the pipes 🤣). I don’t have the talent to go 200+ MPH but it‘s nice to know one can with this car, I want one …Now let’s see how dealer’s greed and shady sales practices will make me run away like Forrest Gump.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was on the Corvette Forum. A Florida dealer was offering an open allocation for MSRP plus $125k. That makes it a $300k car plus options. The allocation sold in a couple hours. Going to be a crazy process if you want one.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I paid $178,000 at the dealer with tax, etc. for my 2006 Ford GT. Prices on C6's, C7's and even some C8 standard versions and C8 Z06's are dropping like a rock since the C8 ZR1 has been released. People are selling their old vettes at a loss to raise money to buy the new C8 ZR1. I am looking forward to buying a one owner low mile C6 ZR1 next year for dirt cheap.