2021 GT wont start.

machstang460

Mar 7, 2007
Arlington
My 2021 Ford GT won't crank. Battery tested good. Dash says fuel level 0 miles to empty and ---mi on the gauge.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
My 2021 Ford GT won't crank. Battery tested good. Dash says fuel level 0 miles to empty and ---mi on the gauge.
Hello Mustang460, need a little bit more information, when you turn the car on does the dash light up and go through all its checks ? And when you try to crank it over do you hear any noises and does the dash stay light up. ?

Joe

machstang460

Mar 7, 2007
Arlington
I have heard about issues with the soft start module. Everything lights up but nothing happens when the start button is pressed.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Mine did the same thing and what gives it away is no communication with instrument cluster which is the Gateway module. The miles on the odometer will have lines and no odometer reading and therefore the gas guage says zero miles to empty. After trying to start a few times the relay would make contact and everything would work but I was not comfortable taking the car out. After chasing circuits and pinpoint tests I tracked it down to relay on right side of engine bay under black lid with relays and fuses. After replacing it with new relay two weeks later I had a check engine lamp come on with an injector circuit fault and it was the same part number relay for the secondary injector circuit. I replaced it and always starts and injector circuit fixed also. I'm sure when Italian Joe sees this he will agree. The relay is crazy money $400.00 and the second relay I purchases was a Napa relay for 30.00 . Hope this helps. You can move the relays and verify the repair before buying itView attachment 20230301_225045.jpg

Reactions: GKW05GT