2005 DASHBOARD

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Hi, my Ford Gt’s gashboard suddenly stopped working. Any recommendations on who can try and save it?

If not, does someone sell an original 2005 dashboard?

Thanks!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Speed. HUT

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Speed. HUT
What? Don’t understand…

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Thanks! Are those original (authentic)?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Thanks! Are those original (authentic)?
No they aren't. If you want to retain the originals, I think some of the gauges are still available and the ones that aren't can be rebuilt ... by "Rich"(ard) Brooks you're contacting.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If all your instruments suddenly stopped working, it's not the individual instruments. Instead, you lost power to the panel or the gauge sender unit under the passenger footboard (IIRC). But, check fuses first.

If the fuses are okay, then the troubleshooting becomes more complex. Post your results here.

Reactions: dshears and extrap

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
You might check with Joe at Milliken. There is an updated complete dash from Ford. No issues with the new one.
Pete's recommendation are always spot on.. Good place to start.

Reactions: dshears

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just slow down a minute. There is unsufficent information to draw a conclusion.

Is it just gauges or does the complete instrument panel fail to activate, ie, gauges vs all of the power on self test lights.

If a small gauge fails to operate then you can replace the gauge with a Ford look alike. However, if one or more gauges fail to register after starting the engine the SUSPECT YOUR BATTERY!

If the entire gauge panel is dark SUSPECT YOUR BATTERY. It could be the gauge controller. But most likely it's the battery.

IN BOTH CASES THE MOST LIKELY CULPRIT IS THE BATTERY. How old is it? It can have enough oomph to start but not enough to power electronics. It's cheaper to replace the battery than to do any of the other gauge and panel related swaps.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
No they aren't. If you want to retain the originals, I think some of the gauges are still available and the ones that aren't can be rebuilt ... by "Rich"(ard) Brooks you're contacting.
There are two sources for gauges. Small gauge form-fit-function can be obtained directly from Auto Meter; they are not on their web site any longer, call them. Large gauges (speedometer and tach) can only be replaced from Ford, which have a chance of failing again, but Rich Brooks ("The GT Guy") has been repairing them but we've had repairs before and don't know the longevity. The only certain fix for a failed large gauge is in fact to replace the entire panel with the Speed Hut panel and gauges, but they are not original-looking.

In the absence of other supporting evidence SUSPECT YOUR BATTERY.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
There is an updated complete dash from Ford. No issues with the new one.
Ford has never had the "V2" small gauges - either individually or as a set. It is hard to imagine that Ford still has complete dashboards tucked away somewhere, but if you manage to find one it will be with the V1 gauges and, as such, susceptible to failure.

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Rich - GT Guy - can retrofit the tach and speedometer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So, how old is the battery?

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I am so happy with the Speed Hut dash. I can go out and actually have all the gauges working.

Joe

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My OEM (Autometers) replacement gauges work great too.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Any resolution?