Cobraguy

GT Owner
I have 2 new right hand headlights 4G7Z-13008-AC New in box

Hey Don I must’ve misplaced your number. Call me please at 403-548-4656

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Interestingly enough, I just took out my ‘05 for a quick drive and noticed my right turn signal on the dash was blinking faster than the left dash signal. After checking, I discovered the right front turn signal in the headlight is not working. This bums me out. Where can I find a replacement turn signal bulb and can it be replaced easily? Previous posts say yes but nothing definitively. Thanks.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes it is a common bulb. It is much easier to get at if you have a lift. You can go whole hog and remove the fender liner and the whole light assembly; OR drop the front spoiler and reach your arm and hand up behind the housing and twist the bun out a quarter turn. Unplug the wire first. Reverse the process to install the new bulb. If you have a copy of the Service Manual you can look up pics to see what to expect.

If I remember correctly, some people where able to get It working by whacking the housing with a flat hand.

I did a write up many years ago about the drivers side. That was complicated by the window washer reservoir. It should be here someplace on the Forum.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Thank you for the info. I looked in the system and saw that it’s pretty common. I will pick one up tomorrow and get it switched out. Thanks

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It's a regular incandescent bulb, not an LED. Do not get fancy and try to substitute an LED. You will probably cause further blinker problems.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also REPLACE the lamp. Dont take it out test it (fine) and fall for it, and put it back. I had to make the effort twice, as I only scuffed the connections (again tested fine with continuity tester), and didnt replace it. It worked for a little while, the new lamp has been fine a couple years.

Reactions: B. West

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Also REPLACE the lamp. Dont take it out test it (fine) and fall for it, and put it back. I had to make the effort twice, as I only scuffed the connections (again tested fine with continuity tester), and didnt replace it. It worked for a little while, the new lamp has been fine a couple years.
The filament brakes, light goes out. You move/shake the bulb, free filament swings around and randomly re-attaches, light works again. Now the shorter filament with weak attachment usually burns brighter (lower resistance) for a short while then burns out permanently. Common with the C7 Christmas tree lights. Probably same thing happens when you smack the light.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would have guessed that the C7 was new enough for LED’s.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I kept mine working for a while with the ole’ whacking the unit with my palm, but eventually replaced the bulb. Simple job, bulb available at any parts store

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I would have guessed that the C7 was new enough for LED’s.
ref=asc_df_B098DL1PXF

Reactions: HighHP

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

hah! I looked right past that once I saw C7.

Reactions: HighHP