Shadowman and the First Retail Ford GT Sold

Aug 25, 2006
I was made aware this evening that the first Ford GT that is considered as a retail sale is for sale again; she is a blue with white stripe gal that was originally auctioned at Barrett for just under $300K plus fees which pushed her through the $300K mark.

I understand that she has 4-500 miles on her and that Carol Shelby signed her dash.

She has 2 of the 4 options available; the stripes and Mcintosh radio with the original style spoke wheels and black calipers.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
What are the last 3 digits of the VIN? Should be 116.
That car was considered Job 1, the first salable car, but it actually ended up in service. It was black. We called it the "Fred car" as a certain person of note had a "mishap" with it.

I've got a bunch of pictures of that car coming off the line. (all staged of course) There was a big to-do with all the shooters there. It was on 06/30/2004, although the car was built before that. :thumbsup
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12831&stc=1&d=1260577345

Attachments

• DSC05292.jpg
    DSC05292.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 771
Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for the iinformation and great picture.

That which you shared is likely the case however this one; as shared was the one auctioned at Barret and has the letter from Ford and Barrett saying that this is the first retail delvered Ford GT.

It means nothing to me however I felt it worthy of sharing

All the best

Shadowman

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Jay Leno said on a recent episode of 'My Classic Car' that he has the first retail available Ford GT.

....after the ones that went to the Ford family and the GT auctioned off for charity.

Interesting ehhhh!?:pop

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Didn't that car go to Seattle to an ex-Microsoft exec who bought it for $650K at the auction? He had his choice of colors and chose blue and configured it himself, took deilivery in Seattle I thought. CobraJeff, get out of the sun and feed us the dirt.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Didn't that car go to Seattle to an ex-Microsoft exec who bought it for $650K at the auction? He had his choice of colors and chose blue and configured it himself, took deilivery in Seattle I thought. CobraJeff, get out of the sun and feed us the dirt.

I love dirt.. what flavors does he have ? :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kitty litter to start with

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
Kitty litter to start with

As far flavors go... I don't think Kitty Litter is a flavor.
My cats don't even eat the stuff.:bored

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California

This is what I remember as well. I do not remember the exact dollar amount, but I recall it was very high.

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California

I did a quick search on the net and came up with this from Wikipedia.
As with many highly desirable new vehicles, when the Ford GT was first released, the demand severely outpaced supply, and the cars initially sold for premium prices. The first private sale of Ford's new mid-engine sports car was completed on August 4, 2004, when former Microsoft executive Jon Shirley took delivery of his Midnight Blue 2005 Ford GT.[1] Shirley earned the right to purchase the first production Ford GT (chassis #10) at a charity auction at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Auction after bidding over $557,000.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Is it missing the front air dam?

Aug 25, 2006
Is it missing the front air dam?

??

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
I did a quick search on the net and came up with this from Wikipedia.
As with many highly desirable new vehicles, when the Ford GT was first released, the demand severely outpaced supply, and the cars initially sold for premium prices. The first private sale of Ford's new mid-engine sports car was completed on August 4, 2004, when former Microsoft executive Jon Shirley took delivery of his Midnight Blue 2005 Ford GT.[1] Shirley earned the right to purchase the first production Ford GT (chassis #10) at a charity auction at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Auction after bidding over $557,000.

Well; this one is Midnight Blue ...... maybe resold at Barrett and is now for sale again; I do not know

Shadowman

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The image in post #2 looks like the front diffuser is missing. I just thought it was interesting.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Wow! I'd be shocked if Mr. Shirley was selling his GT. And especially at Barrett. I had the pleasure of meeting him and spending a bit of time with him at Monterey Car week and he was extremely positive about the vehicle - even among his incredible collection.

But then again - anything is possible???

Maybe I'll reach out and see if the rumor is true or if this is another early Midnight Blue.

Aug 25, 2006
The image in post #2 looks like the front diffuser is missing. I just thought it was interesting.

Indeed it does appear to be missing

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Wow! I'd be shocked if Mr. Shirley was selling his GT. And especially at Barrett. I had the pleasure of meeting him and spending a bit of time with him at Monterey Car week and he was extremely positive about the vehicle - even among his incredible collection.

But then again - anything is possible???

Maybe I'll reach out and see if the rumor is true or if this is another early Midnight Blue.

Whether the same person or not I do not know however I was told that this gal was one out of a large personal collection.

Shadowman

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
This is not the Jon Sherley car. His car is # 400010. The one for sale in Arizona shown on e-bay is 400167 which is an early build but not the first. (Leno's is #400012), :bs

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
However, I am certain, #400167, the one on ebay, is the one Shadowman is referring to, that started this post.

It is Ron Pratte's GT.

Ron Pratte has a huge exclusive collection.

I am sure it is something of meaning, first something.

Probably the "first" to get dusted in the garage.

In the big picture, its not mine.

So,does it really matter?

See what you started Shadowman. :willy

lol.