Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks for getting involved Shadowman!

NY 05 GT 40

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2007
That's the part!!

Sorry for not posting the part number or photo. I wanted to get the info up quick, and I am still figuring out the site as far as the photo goes. I mounted the gasket on the filler door. The other GT I saw that had the gasket had it mounted on the car. Good luck, be safe and stay dry..BTW when I got caught in the rain (never take it out when it rains if I can help it) on the Pocono Race Way, I had just nailed 4th place on the Bull Run rally from Times Square to Pocono. (the only leg I ran) I ran with Mario Andretti through the Lincoln Tunnel at speed that day. It was cool.. Ran the Bull Run from Mattituck NY to Atlantic City this weekend (221 miles). Made the trip in a little over 2 hours, nailed 4th again.. When I learn how to post photos, will start a Bull Run thread....
Alright folks; even though The GT Guys told me what they expected it to be I still ordered one in to see for myself.

It is a foam perimter seal that goes under the fender and has nothing to do with the sealing of the fuel door.

So if you need or want one I have it on my shelf now; LOL

All the best

Shadowman

NY 05 GT 40

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2007
Only takes a minute to instal

The part sticks on with self adhesive glue. Just peel and stick. Just take your time lining it up!

Got it Fred. Thanks Buddy! Looks like this is one of those "take the fender off" deals. How would you tell if it's missing? Need to look it up in the Tech Manual. Seems to me if it was missing, your fuel tube would rattle.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
AND THE FLAP CLOSES? I GOOTA SEE THIS. PLEASE POST:thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

Aug 25, 2006
So as to bring this thread to a point where there is a basis is fact here are three more pictures;

This is the seal however it is designed to be UNDER the fender not under the fuel door. Now certainly one can adapt this or another seal under the fuel door however by OEM design it is not intended to be there.

I hope these help clarify the situation

All the best

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC02639.JPG
    DSC02639.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC02640.JPG
    DSC02640.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC02641.JPG
    DSC02641.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 368

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you, finally, Shadowman, for putting this to an end.

Aug 25, 2006
You are welcome

This was another interesting long and windy road to ................................... no where.... LOL

Shadowman

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
AMEN! GTJOEY:thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for posting the part number. I ordered two, and will pick them up tomorrow at my dealer. I was worried that with rain in the forecast for Indy, I might not make it home without this seal!!! Now, I can rest easier!

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
You are welcome

This was another interesting long and windy road to ................................... no where.... LOL

Shadowman

Shadowman, by installing this gasket on the fuel filler door - even though it is not meant to be installed there - will it effectively seal the fuel filler "flap" from water as intended? Thanks!
Dave

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman, by installing this gasket on the fuel filler door - even though it is not meant to be installed there - will it effectively seal the fuel filler "flap" from water as intended? Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave and thank you

I never even considered such

All the best

Shadowman